Friday, January 21, 2011

Life is what happens...

while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon.

But I like making in plans!  There's hours of enjoyment/timewasting/avoiding boring other stuff/looking busy with spreadsheets. 

There are also hours of catastrophising, nail biting, hair twisting, frowning, frustration and a hefty dollop of self pity.

At the moment I have a pretty sweet problem... living in Melbourne and visiting the UK and Holland twice a year.  That's the sweet part.

The problem part is that for the first time in my 30+ years I am not independent.  I mean I am still the master of my own destiny and I turn up and work, pay my bills and am allowed out in public without supervision but I'm not single so I can no longer selfishly choose the when and the where and the how and the why... because I made the biggest choice with the who.

I don't know how to do the 'journey', I'm obsessed with the 'destination'.  Now with the current destination in sight I am impatient and quarrelsome and generally just a bit painful to be around, so I beg your forgiveness of my childish selfishness and ask for your advise on how to enjoy the present and not long for the future.

The tall handsome man keeps telling me not to worry, which is solid advice when I tell him that, but I'm finding my own medicine a bit hard to take.

All suggestions gratefully received!!

No comments:

Post a Comment